This is one of those cookies that I love and have been wanting to try baking for the longest time. Finally did it using salted egg yolk powder!
I bought the salted yolk powder from Kitchen Capers. Using this is definitely a very convenient and fuss-free way to whip up salted egg yolk bakes and dishes!
This cookie just melts-in-the mouth and is an instant hit with my family members. I'm sure it will be well received by many as well!
It's a BIG THUMBS UP! This recipe is a definite keeper!
Salted Egg Yolk Cookies
recipe adapted from Kenneth Goh
makes about 40 cookies
For the Cookies
25g salted egg yolk powder (Kenneth uses 2 salted cooked egg yolks)30g icing sugar
70g plain flour
30g milk powder
30g potato starch
For the Egg Wash
1 egg yolk, beaten plus 1 tsp milk
For the Decoration
2 tbspn sesame seeds (black or white)
1. Preheat oven to 165C. (I preheated mine to 160C)
2. Sift together plain flour, milk powder and potato starch. Set aside. (I did not sieve. I used a hand whisk to mix the flour, potato starch and milk powder together.)
3. Cream butter, icing sugar and salted egg yolk powder until light and fluffy.
4. Fold in sifted flour with a spatula to form a pliable dough.
5. Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface. Roll to about 1 cm thickness and cut using cookie cutters. (flour the cookie cutter)
6. Place cookies on a lined baking tray and apply egg wash.
7. Sprinkle the top of the cookies with some sesame seeds.
8. Bake in preheated oven at 165C for 12-15 minutes. (I baked mine at 160C for 15 minutes)
9. Let cookies cool in ray completely on a wire rack before storing in air tight container.
Thanks for dropping by. Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.