Sesame Almond Crips...I've adapted the usual recipe that I use here to make these yummy snack for this year's Chinese New Year. It is super nutty fragrant and crispy and so addictive that you just can't stop eating at one
I'm loving these so much I've doubled the recipe below! What are you waiting for?
Sesame Almond Crisps
makes about 40 crisps
2 large egg white, room temperature
50g plain flour, sifted twice
30g butter, melted
120g almond flakes
20g white sesame seed, toasted
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Line baking tray with grease proof paper.
2. Preheat oven to 200C.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk egg white with a hand whisk until you see white bubbles. Add in sugar and beat in circular movement until the sugar dissolves.
4. Add in flour and mix till there is no traces of flour and batter is lump-free.
6. Stir in melted butter and mix well.
7. Use a spatula and fold in the almond flakes and toasted sesame seeds until well combined.
10. Bake at 200C for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. If there is uneven colour among the crisps, rotate the baking tray towards the last 2 minutes.
11 Remove from the oven and cool on wire rack completely before storing in an air-tight container. These crisps will become crispy and crunchy after they have cooled down completely.
12. If these crisps turn soft, you can reheat them for 2-3 minutes in preheated oven at 150C.