Since it's Christmas soon and my girl had just requested to have French Toast for breakfast, I decided to satisfy her cravings with a local yet Christmasy twist with .... Christmas Pandan French Toast!
It was thumbs up from her and my hubby.
Do try this. It definitely makes a hearty breakfast!
Christmas Pandan French Toast
adapted from Dr Leslie Tay
3 slices pandan sandwich bread (original version uses white bread)
3 tbspn coconut cream (I used kara brand)
1 tsp sugar
Pinch of salt
1 tsp pandan paste
Some oil for frying (I used Medella's Organic Premium Coconut Cooking Oil)
A cheese slice (cut into a star), some strawberries, blueberries and gula melaka sauce for garnishing
1. Slice away the bread crust. Set aside.
2. Beat together egg, coconut cream, sugar, salt and pandan paste.
3. Dip the bread into the egg mixture.
4. Pour some oil in a pan and place the bread dipped in the egg mixture onto the pan. Pan fry over low-medium heat till cooked.
5. Cut each bread slice into four triangles and place them on serving plate to form a christmas tree.
6. Decorate with strawberries, blueberries and cut star cheese.
7. Drizzle with some gula melaka sauce and serve warm.
Thanks for dropping by. Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.