I was staring at my bottle of peanut butter and wondering what I could 'transform' it into for a yummy tea-break. Ta-da!! Decided to marry it with the other ingredients in my pantry to have a lovey Nutella Swirl Peanut Butter Muffins for afternoon snack.
Yes, Nutella and Peanut Butter...lovely combination, isn't it?
In addition, I've also used Medella's Organic Premium Coconut Cooking Oil instead of the normal vegetable oil to bake the muffins. Many would wonder if the use of Medella's Organic Premium Coconut Cooking Oil will leave the muffins with an unpleasant coconut smell. The answer is NO as it has a neutral flavour and smell.
I could hardly wait to enjoy these muffins while waiting for them to rise up to the occasion in the oven. Finally, the wait is over and we can enjoy this snack to our heart's content!
Nutella Swirl Peanut Butter Muffins
makes 5 small muffins
50g cake flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
30g brown sugar
25g vegetable oil (I used Medella's Organic Premium Coconut Cooking Oil)30g milk
50g peanut butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Sieve cake flour and baking powder. Set aside.
2. In a big bowl, lightly whisk the egg and sugar by hand till well mixed.
3. Add oil, milk and peanut butter and continue to mix until well combined and smooth. Mix in vanilla extract.
4. Fold in sifted flour mixture with a spatula. (Do not overmix)
5. Scoop batter into muffin cups till 3/4 full.
6. Spoon in a spoonful of nutella and give it a swirl with a skewer.
7. Bake in preheated oven at 180C for 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
8. Remove from oven and let the muffins stand in the tray for about 5-10 minutes.
9. Remove from tray and place on a wire rack to cool.
Thanks for dropping by. Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.