One look at Diana's photo and I'm convinced this is one dish that I'm gonna make for dinner! This One-Pot Creamy Tomato Penne with Spicy Italian Sausages and Mushrooms is easy and simple to make, fuss-free, packed with flavor and unimaginably delicious!!
The best past of it - you only have one pot to wash, literally. There is no need to pre-cook the pasta in another pot. The pasta is cooked together with the meat and sauces. Yes, pasta cooked in this manner will absorb all the wonderful flavor and goodness.
Every mouthful - HEAVEN!
One-Pot Creamy Tomato Penne with Spicy Italian Sausages and Mushrooms
recipe adapted from The Domestic Goddess Wannabe
250g parpadelle, or any pasta (I used penne)
6 pieces Italian spicy sausages, or any type of sausages, skin removed and roughly chopped200g mushrooms, sliced
20-30g pancetta (or bacon), diced (I used bacon)
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup low-sodium chicken stock
1 cup cream
2 cans diced (or chopped) tomatoes (I used 1 can)
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1-2 tablespoon dried chili flakes (I omitted)
Salt and black pepper, to taste
Parsley for garnishing
1. In a skillet (or pot), brown the bacon in a little olive oil.
5. Add the chicken stock, cream, chopped tomatoes and pasta.
6. Give this a stir and bring to a boil. Then turn the heat down. Cover with a lid and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the pasta is tender. Give the pasta a stir once in a while.
7. If the liquid dries out, add a little more chicken stock and cream and continue to cook.
8. Once the pasta is al dente, remove from the heat and stir in the parmesan cheese, chili flakes. (I omitted chili flakes)
9. Season with salt and black pepper as desired.
10. Garnish with some chopped parsley and serve.
This post is linked to – Little Thumbs Up June 2015 (Cream) – organised by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen from My Little Favourite DIY, and hosted by Diana from The Domestic Goddess Wannabe.
Thanks for dropping by. Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.