Friday 11 November 2016

Easy Kaya Portuguese Egg Tarts



I've always enjoyed eating Portuguese egg tarts. Fell totally in love with it especially when I first tried the Lord Stow's Portuguese egg tart in Macau. Every bite into those rich and creamy egg custard paired with the tart pastry is just HEAVENLY!

I'm experimenting with the Koepe Koepe pandan paste bought from Sheng Siong to make my cheater's version of easy Easy Kaya Portuguese Egg Tarts.

For this cheater's version, I didn't make the crust from scratch. Instead, I used frozen prata for the crust. You can also use store-bought puff pastry but as I always have some frozen pratas stashed in my freezer, I'm making full use of them. 




Easy Kaya Portuguese Egg Tart
makes 6 tarts

Ingredients:
For the crust
3 frozen prata

For the egg custard
3 egg yolk
60g milk
20g coconut cream
60g dairy whipping cream
25g sugar
1/2 tsp pandan paste



Method:
1. Cut the frozen prata into half.


2. Join the ends of each semi circle to form a tart and press into a small tart shell. (I used a disposable tart shell)



3. Put the prepared tart shell aside in the freezer while preparing the egg custard mixture.

4. Preheat oven to 200C.

5. Mix and beat all the egg custard mixture ingredients together.



6. Strain the mixture twice.

7. Pour the egg custard mixture into the prepared tart shell until 80% - 90% full.



8. Bake in preheated oven at 200C for 20 minutes or until the top of the custard is caramelized.






Thanks for dropping by. Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...